- - Quality
- Armada, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401k with Employer Match, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance
Do you prefer a professional workplace where the focus is on details and getting things "right"? Are you concerned with accuracy and like to have the necessary training to become an expert? Are you looking for a stable, yet fast-paced dynamic environment where you're treated like family and people care about one another?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then we need you as our Quality Inspector! See the details of the position below.
The Pond Guy / Airmax, Inc. is the leading manufacturer of pond, lake and water garden products including aeration systems, fountains and water treatments. The Pond Guy sells nationwide to both end-users and a network of Airmax distributors. Our Quality Inspector is a critical contributor to ensuring quality supplies and service are provided to customers at all levels. This position will perform daily inspection checks to ensure quality standards are being met and current manufacturing processes are being followed. This position reports directly to the Quality Manager.
Here are some examples of the actual work your day would include.
- Conduct a variety of tests on inbound materials from vendors, in-process inspection of products and outbound products for shipping
- Review work instructions for new and existing production processes
- Assist in the creation of work instructions
- Maintain/review processes and quality check procedures put in place as well as perform process audits during every production phase
- Initiate the documentation for quality issues and notify the appropriate quality personnel of the issue
- Assist in the calibration of testing equipment
- Maintains a safe work environment while providing quality, detailed work
To be successful in this role, you need to have a certain amount of knowledge and skills:
- Minimum of 3 years quality control experience or a technical degree with 1-2 years of experience
- Proven history of understanding industry safety standards and quality expectations
- High level of visual awareness
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Word specifically
- Knowledge of handheld measuring devices (Calipers, Micrometers and Indicators)
- Technical background is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position requires manual dexterity for working with small components, ability to complete repetitive motions for long periods of time, bending, continual lifting, lowering and carrying packages that typically weigh 25 - 50 lbs. and managing packages up to 150 lbs as well as standing/stooping for long periods of time.
We need a self-motivated Quality Technician that has a desire to become an expert while completing procedures with precision and quality. You'll have the ability to learn quickly through training and work independently in a fast-paced environment. This person should continually add value to the organization beyond their day-to-day tasks.
You must be available to work 40-50 hours per week between the hours of 6am-6pm.
This is a full-time hourly position at $20-$22 per hour with benefits. Benefits include:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthcare
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday pay
- 401k with employer 4% match and year-end profit sharing
- Referral program with opportunities to earn $1,000 per referral
TPG, Inc. is a growing company with over 140 employees. We are a manufacturing company for pond, lake and water garden supplies with customers in all 50 states servicing both wholesale and end-users. We have customers with large ponds used for swimming, fishing and ice skating and customers with decorative water gardens containing Koi, waterfalls, and plants. Our mission is to be a group of passionate, knowledgeable pond people helping the world enjoy ponds. We offer innovative, proven solutions delivered with a commitment to complete satisfaction... guaranteed.
TPG, Inc. is not just a team, we're a tribe. A tribe is more like a family and is ongoing. We have fun, pursue our goals together and feed on each other to grow. Becoming part of TPG, Inc. means more than getting a job it's a career move. We will give you the support you need to grow with us.
TPG, Inc. encompasses a family of businesses to support customers in all pond aspects.
Airmax, Inc. – business-to-business and manufacturing. airmaxeco.com
The Pond Guy, Inc. – direct-to-consumer. thepondguy.com
The Pond Guy, Inc. – local services division. weknowponds.com
How To Apply For Position
Step 1: Submit Resume.
Step 2: If selected for further review, you will receive a request to take a ten-minute survey. Please complete the survey within three days of receipt.
Step 3: If selected for further review, you will be contacted for an interview.
The Pond Guy, Inc. prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a drug/toxins test and background check.
Reference: 350000_352_Quality Technician