- - Purchasing
- Armada, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401k with Employer Match, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance
Do you enjoy utilizing your resources to maximize outcomes? Have you always been able to leverage your relationships to optimize results? Do you often find yourself recognizing trends and finding the best strategy to achieve success?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then we need you as our Purchasing Agent.
The Pond Guy / Airmax, Inc. is the leading manufacturer of pond, lake and water garden products including aeration systems, fountains and water treatments. The Pond Guy sells nationwide to both end-users and a network of Airmax distributors. The Purchasing Agent position will be responsible for purchasing raw materials. We need someone for this position who is enthusiastic about building relationships and problem solving. This person is instrumental in providing quality service and on time deliveries to our customers. The Purchasing Agent will report directly to the Purchasing Manager. There is a family dynamic at The Pond Guy that extends to the customer as we strive to give them the highest quality possible.
Here are some examples of the actual work your day would include:
Responsible for all aspects of Purchasing:
- Responsible for purchasing raw materials as needed for production
- Prepare and review purchase orders for accuracy, optimum delivery, and pricing
- Use MRP to assist in material purchases
- Evaluate vendors by considering price, quality, lead times and other criteria
- Negotiate with vendors to obtain the best deals on behalf of company
- Source primary and alternate vendors for new and existing products
- Maintain and update system information related to inventory, part numbers, supplier information, etc.
- Build and maintain positive, long-term vendor relationships
- Monitor and order non-inventoried items
- Ensure accurate information is maintained in TPG electronic tracking systems (GP, Salespad, etc.)
- Monitor stock levels
- Develop processes and procedures to improve efficiency
- Work with the Quality Manager to help maintain the highest quality standards
- Responsible for monitoring inventory turns and expiration dates
Don't know about ponds? That's ok! You'll be trained to be proficient in your job. We utilize an interactive combination of hands-on and visual training to ensure everyone has a full understanding of The Pond Guy's proactive approach to pond management.
To be successful in this role, you need to have a certain amount of knowledge and skills:
- Five plus years of experiencing in Purchasing
- Knowledge of business and manufacturing processes
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a mechanical mind set
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Excel skills a must. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics (GP) a plus
This position requires manual dexterity for typing, sitting at a desk and looking at a computer screen for long periods of time. In addition, portions of the position require shadowing other departments that may require physical activity including lifting 25-35 pounds and standing for long periods of time.
We need a Purchasing Agent who has a positive attitude and the words "can't" and "impossible" are not a part of your vocabulary. This is a "hands-on" position that works cross-functionally with Manufacturing, Shipping and Receiving. This position requires high attention to detail, process development and implementation knowledge, along with the ability to adapt to a changing environment. This person should continually add value to the organization beyond their day-to-day tasks.
You must be available to work between the hours of 7:30 am and 5pm Monday – Friday with the occasional evening or Saturday for projects that must be done outside of normal business hours.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Benefits include:
• Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthcare
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Short-term Disability Insurance
• Long-term Disability Insurance
• Accident Insurance
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday pay
• 401k with employer 4% match and year-end profit sharing
• Referral program with opportunities to earn $1,000 per referral
TPG, Inc. is a growing company with over 140 employees. We are a manufacturing company for pond, lake and water garden supplies with customers in all 50 states servicing both wholesale and end-users. We have customers with large ponds used for swimming, fishing and ice skating and customers with decorative water gardens containing Koi, waterfalls, and plants. Our mission is to be a group of passionate, knowledgeable pond people helping the world enjoy ponds. We offer innovative, proven solutions delivered with a commitment to complete satisfaction... guaranteed.
TPG, Inc. is not just a team, we're a tribe. A tribe is more like a family and is ongoing. We have fun, pursue our goals together and feed on each other to grow. Becoming part of TPG, Inc. means more than getting a job it's a career move. We will give you the support you need to grow with us.
TPG, Inc. encompasses a family of businesses to support customers in all pond aspects.
Airmax, Inc. – business-to-business and manufacturing. airmaxeco.com
The Pond Guy, Inc. – direct-to-consumer. thepondguy.com
The Pond Guy, Inc. – local services division. weknowponds.com
How To Apply For Position
Step 1: Submit Resume.
Step 2: If selected for further review, you will receive a request to take a ten-minute survey. Please complete the survey within three days of receipt.
Step 3: If selected for further review, you will be contacted for an interview.
The Pond Guy, Inc. prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a drug/toxins test and background check.
Reference: 650000_000_Purchasing Agent