- - Production & Warehouse
- Armada, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401k with Employer Match, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance
Do you often see a chance to make a process better or more efficient and take action to make those changes? Do you prefer a professional workplace where the focus is on details and getting things "right"? Are you concerned with accuracy and like to have the necessary training to become an expert? Are you looking for a stable, yet fast-paced dynamic environment where you're treated like family and people care about one another?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above and you are hardworking, smart and a team player we need you! See the details of the position below.
TPG, Inc. is the leading manufacturer of pond, lake and water garden products including aeration systems, fountains and water treatments. We sell nationwide to both end-users and a network of distributors as well as selling direct under The Pond Guy brand. With a reputation for fast delivery, quality and superior customer service, our Process Engineer will be a critical member of our Quality team. There is a family dynamic at TPG, Inc. that extends to the customer as we strive to give them the highest quality service possible, and that quality service starts with our products.
Here are some examples of the actual work your day would include.
- Applies LEAN Tools and process improvement techniques
- Responsible for optimizing machine parameters to produce high quality products in the most economical manner
- Evaluate and suggest resolutions on the workflow process and layout
- Establish production processes for initial new product first runs as well as new equipment start up
- Collaborate with Quality to establish quality control guidelines for the production process
- Leads the resolution of manufacturing process problems and customer concerns to promote continuous improvement of production efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Provides technical assistance and training for production staff
- Assist in the development of equipment and tooling standards
- Create reports with cost and time estimates for each project
- Use Computer Aided Design and Drafting systems to prepare drawings, ie Solidworks, Mastercam, Cimatron, etc.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings, CAD data etc.
To be successful in this role, you need to have a certain amount of knowledge and skills:
- 3+ years experience in manufacturing, process and production process development
- In-depth knowledge of process and mechanical engineering
- Strong analytical and logic skills
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and documents
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
This position requires manual dexterity for working with small components, ability to complete repetitive motions for long periods of time, bending, continual lifting, lowering and carrying packages that typically weigh 25 - 50 lbs. and managing packages up to 150 lbs as well as standing/stooping for long periods of time.
We need a Process Engineer that has a positive attitude and the words "can't" and "impossible" are not a part of your vocabulary. You'll have the ability to learn quickly and work in a team environment to complete established procedures. This person has the opportunity to continually add value to the organization beyond their day-to-day tasks.
You must be available to work between the hours of 6am and 6pm Monday – Friday and some Saturday, 40-50 hrs/week.
This is a full-time hourly position with benefits. Benefits include:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthcare
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday pay
- 401k with employer 4% match and year-end profit sharing
- Referral program with opportunities to earn $1,000 per referral
TPG, Inc. is a growing company with over 140 employees. We are a manufacturing company for pond, lake and water garden supplies with customers in all 50 states servicing both wholesale and end-users. We have customers with large ponds used for swimming, fishing and ice skating and customers with decorative water gardens containing Koi, waterfalls, and plants. Our mission is to be a group of passionate, knowledgeable pond people helping the world enjoy ponds. We offer innovative, proven solutions delivered with a commitment to complete satisfaction... guaranteed.
TPG, Inc. is not just a team, we're a tribe. A tribe is more like a family and is ongoing. We have fun, pursue our goals together and feed on each other to grow. Becoming part of TPG, Inc. means more than getting a job it's a career move. We will give you the support you need to grow with us.
TPG, Inc. encompasses a family of businesses to support customers in all pond aspects.
Airmax, Inc. – business-to-business and manufacturing. airmaxeco.com
The Pond Guy, Inc. – direct-to-consumer. thepondguy.com
The Pond Guy, Inc. – local services division. weknowponds.com
How To Apply For Position
Step 1: Submit Resume.
Step 2: If selected for further review, you will receive a request to take a ten-minute survey. Please complete the survey within three days of receipt.
Step 3: If selected for further review, you will be contacted for an interview.
The Pond Guy, Inc. prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a drug/toxins test and background check.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media